Clash of Clans is a combat game where players build their own armies (clans) and battle against other armies from around the world. You can join forces with other armies or battle against others on your own. There is also a chat feature where you can talk to other players.
What do I need to know about Clash of Clans?
We’ve spoken to parents to find out what they think about Clash of Clans. We’ve also asked children and young people what they think. Here’s what they said:Children’s views
What do children and young people dislike about it?
5% of the children and young people who reviewed Clash of Clans thought it was unsafe. The main things they told us they don’t like about Clash of Clans were:
- The fact that random people can talk to you – although you can stop this by changing your privacy settings
- There are in-app purchases
- There is cartoon violence in the game
- Arguments in the group chat
- Some rude words still appear in the chat, even though there’s a filter
What do children and young people like about it?
The main things that children and young people told us they like about Clash of Clans were:
- It’s a fun game where you work hard as a team.
- You can report and block people if they aren’t appropriate and also change your privacy settings.
- Rude words are blurred out.